FAQ Michelle

How old were you when you started playing guitar? Fourteen. Who were your influences? The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith, Queen, Cat Stevens, Joni Mitchell, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. What made you want to start music? It was what made me happiest. It's in my blood. What kind of guitar do you play? Taylor 614CE, Gibson J-45, Gibson SG, Gibson Les Paul, Gibson J-160E. What is your songwriting process? It's really different every time. Sometimes lyrics are first, sometimes melody is first, sometimes the music is first, but it is different every time and that is what makes it exciting. Where do you want to be in 10 years? I will always be a songwriter, but I am definitely interested in getting into the business side of music – signing bands and helping them make records. How long did it take to make "The Spirit Room"? 5-6 Weeks. Why is your album called "The Spirit Room"? Because the recording studio was really like a spirit room for me. What are your plans for 2002? Touring, touring, touring! What is your favorite song on the album? All You Wanted. What is your next single? All You Wanted. How were you discovered? I was opening up for Hanson in LA when a rep from Maverick saw me and offered me the deal. Where is home? Sedona, AZ. How old are you? 18. Are you single? No, my guitar is my boyfriend. What do you do when you're not working? Singing, writing, listening, and creating. Sleeping! Watching a lot of bad movies. Taking photos. Playing the cello, guitar, accordian, drums, and piano. What is your ethnicity? I'm Dutch-Indonesian and French on my mother's side and Irish on my dad's. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment